Friday, November 7, 2008

Art-Part 2


This morning in Art Part 2, I want to explain about the picture you sawin Part 1 (see previous post). Was it really art? Yes. It is the upholestry of the seat I sit on when I take the train to go to work. While you may not appreciate the design, its purpose is to look beautiful, provide comfort and I am sure to hide some dirt.

Did you know that God created you as art? Ephesians 2:10 (NLT) says, "For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."

The Greek word for "masterpiece" is the word "poema" from which we get our English word poem. In a sense, we are God's art because we express who is. That makes us each valuable and priceless pieces of art. So I am thankful for the art I see everyday at work, on the train, in the mall and in my family...it tells me who God is. I hope that you too realize the art you are, because you were created by the greatest Artist! Look at my granddaughter, she is a work of His art!

No comments: