Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Exercise


Today I got on the treadmill. It was my first step in exercising daily. My doctor has told me to exercise for at least 30 minutes. He told me I need to lose weight and that my sugar is too high. If I don't exercises my health will detoriate.

If I am to have a healthy spirtual life, I too must exercise my faith (Bible study, prayer, actions, attitudes). I need to build up my strength so I can last longer in my journey with Jesus.

A commentary on Hebrews 10:36 says, "Spiritual strength doesn"t come without exercise. There is a price to pay for having an intimate walk with God." I have to go now and begin my exercise with God.

"You need endurance, so that after you have done God's will, you may receive what was promised."~Hebrews 10:36

2 comments:

Ken Miller, Jr. said...

Good post...It is a good reminder that we need to be both healthy physically and spiritually.

Ken

Randy said...

Waldo, glad to hear you're moving in the right direction with your health!

We just bought a treadmill recently -- in PA it's easier to be active in the spring/summer/fall and much harder in the (long) winter, especially with a young child/children -- so the treadmill will give us a way to keep active through the winter!