Friday, October 23, 2009

Broken Down

My first car was a small Toyota pick up. It was brand new and it lasted me for a very long time. But when I began to have a family, I discoverd that I needed something that would transportate us around easily.

My dad traded with me for a used car. It was big big car. It was as solid as a tank and got the same gas mileage as a tank. It had power windows and red red interior on the inside. The roof lining was falling down, touching my head and blocking the rearview mirror. It was old, it was broken down. At one point, the gas pedal was stuck on the freeway and I had to shift gears while it was idling to get us home.

When I was young things were working well. I was healthy, I made good money and I did it well for a very long time. But as life continued on, I became more and more like a used car. I had some dents, some of my body parts seemed to be falling apart, and the engine seemed to be idling high, but in reality it was not working. I was broken down.

When your car or life breaks down, it is our nature to fix it. We start fixing it from the inside, so that our outside can be improved. Recently, I have come to some break downs. Some disappoint in myself, others, and the tasks that we have failed. I am broken down, because I have caused myself to be apart from Chirst.

I need to start over, I need to have a NEW LIFE. I need to challenge myself, others, my church, my community and all those that I have an impact on. I need to live, digest, and tell the message no matter what my circumstances are the Message needs to get out so we can conquer being broken down.

And don't forget to pray for me. Pray that I'll know what to say and have
the courage to say it at the right time, telling the mystery to one and all,
the
Message that I, jailbird preacher that I am, am responsible for getting
out. Ephesians 6:19-20 (The Message)
Do you want to broken down or do you want to know how to be new?

No comments: