Thursday, October 23, 2008

Who turned on the blow dryer?

Yesterday morning (5 a.m. to be exact), it was warm but comfortable (about 76 degrees). I took the train into work to Orange County which is about 35 miles inland and it was in the 60s! A few hours later, around 10 a.m., it was windy and HOT! Who turned on the blow dryer?

It reminded me, that we need to adapt to change. We need to be ready for any kind of weather change that will come our way.

When Jesus had been crucified on the cross, the disciples scattered. They were nowhere to be found. In fact, they were frightened because change had entered their life. They hadn't expected His death and it seemed that all hope was lost. They were on the mountain top with Jesus, but were now in the valley of fear. The heat was on. Yet Jesus came to calm their fears and their doubt. They were not prepared for this change.

38 “Why are you frightened?” he asked. “Why are your hearts filled with doubt? 39 Look at my hands. Look at my feet. You can see that it’s really me. Touch me and make sure that I am not a ghost, because ghosts don’t have bodies, as you see that I do.” 40 As he spoke, he showed them his hands and his feet." Luke 24:38-40 (NLT)

Are your prepared for change? Are you fearful and doubtful that change will work? Do what Jesus said, Look at Him!

No comments: