Wednesday, March 11, 2009

8 seconds short...

I am a part of a Toastmasters group at my work. We meet every Wednesday during lunch time and have a great time of practicing our speaking and leadership skills. Today, I just finished my 10th speech as part of a program to get my Competent Communicator award. It was during a speech contest which we could speak about anything. However, a strange thing happened. There was a minimum and maximum time limit (5-7 minutes). I thought that the timer may have just flashed the green card which lets me know I met the 5 minute mark and I may not have seen it. So I began to wrap up my speech. I was curious because I thought I may have been short on time. At the end of the meeting, I found out I was 8 seconds short. I didn't meet the minimum. You can see the speech below.

But isn't it great that God has no minimum time to accept his gift. He does it right on the spot. All you have to do is ask Him to forgive you, to come into your heart and make Him the owner of your life. Do it now!

For God says,
“At just the right time, I heard
you. On the day of salvation, I helped
you.”
Indeed, the “right time” is now. Today is the day of
salvation.~2 Corinthians 6:2 (NLT)

No comments: