Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It is dark...

I wake up early in the morning and 99.9% of the time it is dark. No sun, but just street lights, shinning of the moon, and maybe a few stars. It is hard to see in. I have to turn on the lights in my home, so I can see my clothes. I have to turn on the lights in the kitchen, so I can prepare the food for me to eat. Without light, it would be impossible (if not very difficult) to function at 4:30 am.

In our minds and hearts, we sometimes are dark. We are blinded, because we do not see the light. We are blinded to our own wisdom, our own expertise, our own desires. Why? Because we don't want to be exposed. We don't want to listen to the wisdom of others, we don't want to appreciate the talents that others can give, and we rather be served in stead of serving. We live in spiritual darkness. You can not see God until His light has come into your heart. We can't use God as a dimmer switch. He must be the bright shinning light! I am going to leave now, but I will turn on the lights so I can see. What about you?

Sunrise breaks through the darkness for good people—
God's grace and mercy and justice! Psalm 112:4 (The Message)

No comments: