Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday afterthoughts 05.09.10

Today was Mother's Day.  It was a day we honor all women and for the gift and talents that god has given them.  But this morning was different.  Our church was challenged to do something I have never asked them to do.  With that said here are my Sunday after thoughts:
  • We had our Sunday School Director out (get better soon JoAnne) and so I was able to share a bit from the book of Amos during our Set Our Sights session before small groups.
  • The Boomer's class still continues to grow spiritually as we learn what 1 John says about the "last hour".
  • Our attendance was low, but that didn't hinder what God does....more in a minute.
  • Romans 12:2 is a powerful verse.  It is more powerful when it is in our hearts!
  • If you want to see transformation listen what I asked the church:  "Today's offering will go strictly to evangelism".  I asked them if they had a problem to let me know.  But we needed to get serious with the gospel and no one objected.  We raised over $1400 plus.  God will meet our financial needs here, but there greater need is the gospel, especially in Tennessee.
  • Happy Mother's Day!
  • To my church, thank you for putting up with me today.  I had alot of sinus problems and God shook me up this morning where I was literally crying out to God.  Do you need to cry?
  • I can't wait until next week's service where lives will be changed and people will be impacted.
  • Next week's message focus on marriage and your invited.
  • Evangelism takes place everyday when people see are lives.
  • Impacting the community for Christ has to be a number one priority.

No comments: