Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sunday afterthoughts 05.16.10

I have been lagging on my Sunday's afterthoughts, but here they are:
  • Many of our regulars were out on Sunday, but that means we shouldn't be discouraged.
  • Our children nearly outnumbered our adults/youth in service.  THAT IS AWESOME!
  • God wants our marriages to be built on trust and not just love.
  • Trust and Love is a must in a healthy marriage.
  • Even the most successful people can fail in their character and marriages.
  • King David's story about his encounter with Basheba sounds like a "Godfather" story.  Lies, manipulation, murder.....it is all in there.  (2 Samuel 11)
  • The Bible amazes me with the stories it tells.  It is not about the good things, but the bad things as well.
  • Our chuch, CornerStone, needs prayers.  Many of our people are sick or attending to sick family members.
  • I need to be more committed in my marriage.  I can't lead unless my marriage and leadership in the marriage is healthy.
  • You will never ever get away with sin.  NEVER.  (2 Samuel 12:13)
  • God will always forgive you!  (2 Samuel 12:13)

No comments: