Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sunday afterthoughts 03.21.10

I enjoyed the Sunday morning worship. Our young people were the highlight of the service. With that, here are my Sunday afterthoughts:
  • I will be taking (okay I have been taking) a break from my blog posting of the book of Acts. We are going to Kentucky this week to see my son graduate from his job training. He is a US Marine. We are proud of him.
  • When packing, we bring only the necessities. When we pack to live for Jesus, we need the necessities. All else is extra or is unnecessary.
  • Jesus was a master storyteller and he gave us the responsibility of knowing and understanding the stories (aka parables).
  • When we worship, are we worshipping to be seen or to connect to God? Check out Psalm 25:12.
  • Too all my friends on Twivotion, I really love what you do! You help me worship with others Monday through Friday.
  • My wife and church secretary (aka my daughter) made 30 sandwiches while my son-in-law and I got out the chips and water to fundraise for a church computer. $5 for a lunch raised us about $125! Beat that Subway. :-)
  • Looking forward to my trip to Kentucky. We will see our son soon. Semper Fidelis!

No comments: