Tuesday, February 16, 2016

40 Days of Prayer - Day 38



Day 38

Last night, I learned that someone I recently visited had passed away.  I remembered that when I prayed for him that afternoon, I concluded with the usual “Amen” but something happened.  As I was ready to depart, he began to pray for….ME!  I couldn’t believe.  It was a rare occasion, but I was so grateful that he did that for me.  It is a blessing when others pray for you.

You may not be the most articulate or passionate prayer person, but God wants you to pray.  It is the communication tool that He has given us and it is our responsibility to become a person of prayer.  Prayer is one of the greatest weapons we have!  Won’t you use it tonight as you pray for your friends, community, educators, small business owners, neighbors, marriages, families, and your church.  A prayer life begins with you and God.

1First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior,

1 Timothy 2:1-3 (ESV)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please help me pray for this Man that Pastor is talking about. I was his day caregiver and I will miss him dearly. May God bless your soul Mr. John my pal.He would always say to me that I was his Pal.